Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, December 2, 2023

Two-fer


It's December 2. Two years ago, I was doing day 2 of my 2nd hike of the North Country Trail. I'm not going to keep dragging in memories, but it's a little hard to get my head around the idea that I embarked on that whole adventure two years ago.



On that day, Monica hiked with me. Today Monica hiked without me! Although that is accurate, it's not that simple. Today was the monthly hike of the Spirit of the Woods, which Monica led. But I had a vendor event all day, so I could not go.

I got into the Sleighbell Festival Show in Manistee (which you have to be accepted for), and I did quite well. Now I'm home and chilling. All good, but a long day.

I'm really back into "normal" life these days. But that's OK, too. I'm trying to recover my author credibility and participate in enough shows to keep some income flowing.

Two years ago, I was starting something I had no idea if I could actually finish. As it turned out, I was able to do that!

See Momentus but Familiar

2 comments:

Ann said...

Glad to hear the show went well. They can be quite tiring though.

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- not sure if it was the busy day with so many people, but I didn't feel all that good last night