Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Couldn't Put it Down

Today's best event kept me from getting much done, but that was ok. It's been a long time since I started a book that I couldn't put down, but I grabbed one out of my "unread book box" at lunch. It is Random Harvest by James Hilton. It was published in 1941, and is also set in the period between the two world wars. That alone makes it somewhat unusual. I got about 2/3 of the way through it before I really had to move on to other things. I'll tell more tomorrow after I finish it. Hopefully, the ending will be worthy of the rest of the book.

No comments: