Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

January's Top Commenters Plus One

 
I want to tell you all how much I appreciate the time you take to leave comments here. It is readers who keep writers writing! Sometimes it's important to write just for ourselves, but most often, we like feedback, and you have given me lots this month. Thank you!

There were 49 people who left comments, and a total of 284 separate comments (not counting my own responses to them).

The Top Commenters
I like to give the top commenters of the past month a free link with a small icon in the sidebar. I really appreciate every one, and try to respond. There were 10 clear winners. Here they are:
Everyday Adventurer (Ratty- 27 comments)
Carmen's Chronicles (Carmen- 24 comments) tied with
Dances of Dreams (IcyBC - 24 comments)
Ann's Snap & Edit (Ann- 22 comments)
Vanilla Seven (VanillaSeven- 18 comments)
Secondary Roads (Chuck - 17 comments)
Experiences (Wenn- 13 comments)
Our Simple Life (Julia- 12 comments)
Duck and Wheel with String (Lin- 10 comments)
Joys of the Simple Life (betchai- 8 comments)

And the plus one? Loretta left 3 comments, but she gets to show off here because I tried hard to have five rows of her afghan done. I only got four finished before she arrived, but almost finished the fifth before she left. She likes it, and is hopeful that I can crochet fast!

daisy afghan

If you would like to see the directions for this afghan, I have published them at Spring Daisies Afghan



See The Next Big Craft Project

11 comments:

RNSANE said...

Shark, I always enjoy your blog so it is one of the first I check each day. I especially appreciated your sharing your Haiti experience with us. You and Ratty give me the opportunity to experience the outdoors in a way I would never have the opportunity to do and I have learned so much from both of your blogs.

Thanks so much.

VanillaSeven said...

Its a joy to visit your blog Sharkie :) Keep up the good work!

rainfield61 said...

Oh no!! I do not know I have missed commenting.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the ads, and I enjoy your blog very much..

The afghan is gorgeous!

wenn said...

Thanks for the ad. By the way, I have an award for you too.

Ken Wooi said...

congrats to the top commenters =)

kenwooi.com

Ann said...

yeah I made your list. I always enjoy stopping by and reading your posts.
That's a pretty afghan. I keep meaning to pick up my crochet hook again and make something but can't seem to get inspired enough.

Lin said...

I didn't realize I had even commented that many times! Wow--Ratty is going crazy there!

Rick (Ratty) said...

As the others have said, your blog is an excellent one, and one of my favorites. Those on your list are also some of my favorites.

Sharkbytes said...

Carmen- it's sure a pleasure to have you stop by so often! You have great talents yourself and I enjoy your poems. Thanks for the recommendation on EC!

Vanilla- it's mutual!

rainfield- no problem... maybe you were having a quiet month. I know you stop by.

Icy- Glad you enjoy it! The afghan is turning out to be a ton of work, but it is quite pretty.

wenn- Thanks, I'll stop by.

kenwooi- thanks for visiting!

Ann- you do lots of things... I just seem to need to have some yarn project going all the time.

Lin- Hey... last month you thought you had commented more, this month less. Always glad to have you stop by!

Ratty- yes, we seem to attract some of the same readers... similar subject matter a lot of the time, and I think we often enhance each other.

Julia said...

Those top commenters are amazing. I don't know how they do it.