Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, September 8, 2017

Summer Bucket List?

 
You know I'm not much for bucket lists, mostly because mine get out of hand. I already need 2 or 3 more lifetimes than I suspect I'm allotted. But I did have one thing I wanted to do this summer.

There is a hot dog vendor that sets up most days in a parking lot. Street/mobile vendors are becoming more common here. And I've wanted to get lunch there. Why? It's just a hot dog, right?

Lakeside Wiener Wagon

Yeah, it is. But it's just fun. Their grill is a trailer model of the Badger (the Ludington carferry).

Lakeside Wiener Wagon

It would have been a lot more fun with a friend and time to sit there and eat in the sunshine (which we finally got back). I expected the Lakeside Wiener Wagon to be gone after Labor Day. However, there they were, and open, when I was on my way to work. Most of the reason I haven't stopped previously is because I work though lunchtime and eat a sandwich on the fly. By the time I head home and pass them, I'm no longer hungry.

So, I did stop. You get your choice of hefty fixin's on the dog (with over 10 yummy choices), a bag of chips (four choices) and a can of pop (several choices) for $5 even. Not bad!

Lakeside Weiner Wagon

Does it look like it's missing a bite? It is. I took one before I remembered a picture.

Back to work in a bit. The machinery has declared war on us today. Could be an "interesting" night.

See Twin Queens of the Lakes
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


4 comments:

Ann said...

I don't make bucket lists because I only get mad at myself for not getting to the stuff on them.
Your hot dog looks pretty good. I can't help wondering since their grill is outside like that if they have to close up shop if it starts raining

Secondary Roads said...

I don't care for hot dogs, but make it a Polish dog and I'm in for it.

Donna B. McNicol said...

I love food trucks and the variety we can now find on them.

BTW, you and your blog have been nominated by me for the Liebster Blog Award. Check it out:

My post: https://dbmcnicol.blogspot.com/2017/09/blog-awards-and-thank-you.html

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- they sure do- they are only open on nice days

Chuck- I'm sorry to tell you that I do like hot dogs... nasty things that they are.

Donna- I'm SO glad you commented. I'll play the award game in a couple of days. And I somehow missed that your books are mysteries. I'm off to buy Not a Whisper