Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Mowing Crew -Day 224

  Just as I reached the Corps of Engineers property around Lake Ashtabula, the mowing crew also arrived. This was three COE employees, Matt the NCTA Regional Trail Coordinator, and one NCT volunteer- Jerry. mowing crew

They suggested that I not go ahead of them. So, I stayed with them until the first gate. I tried to head out on my own after that using Avenza as my guide (the trail markers were not visible), but the grass was thick thick (not a typo), and as you can see, tall. mowing through grass

I came back and stayed with them until the next road which was their goal for the day. This involved a lot of trail finding, unclogging and then fixing one of the mowers. Matt and Jerry were also putting up more and higher marker posts. putting up trail marker

Long story short, it was after 1 pm when we made it through to the next road, which was their goal. I might have made it through faster if I'd headed out on my own, but maybe not. I was fighting and stumbling bigtime through the unmowed grass. So I called it a short day.

Since I was here last, hundreds of wind turbines have been added to the landscape in this area. The ridge is the edge of the Sheyenne River Valley. Lonely North Dakota. wind turbines on hill

Now I have to leave for the program tonight.

Miles today: 6.5. Total miles so far: 2709.1

See A Favorite Puddle

2 comments:

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "That looks like a LOT of mowing to be done. And here Dada complains about our yard! I don't think he has an extension cord long enough to mow that one!"

Sharkbytes said...

Lulu- Does he have a cord that is 3 miles long?