Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Day of Rest - Day 225

  I took today off. I was more than ready, and I made sure I did some actual resting. I also did some computer work and wrote my next newpaper article.

The program last night went really well. There was a good turnout, lots more people than this. These are the core volunteers who stayed later than most of the audience. Almost all of this group have been my friends for a number of years. It was awesome to be able to spend some time with them. trail volunteers

I sold quite a few books, which is great! The whole book vending business is on hold for this whole year, and that is my main source of income, so these programs are a real help to me.

Tonight is the super moon. But it's not coming up yet. Last night was close. I took this picture. supermoon

Not much else to say. There are some really hot days coming up, so I may have to do some adjusting. Meanwhile, I'll be back to hiking tomorrow.
See Mowing Crew

3 comments:

Ann said...

A day of rest is a good thing. Everyone needs that.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "I have many days of rest, and I need every single one of them."
Charlee: "That's very good news about the book sales!"

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- yes indeed!

Lulu- doggies get to rest lots, unless their owners are hiking maniacs. A dog named Chips hiked over 1200 miles with me. Charlee- thank you!