Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Rock Garden Report 8


This will probably be the last report for this fall.

I did get most of the rock garden weeded one more time this month. There are a few spaces on the far edge that I didn't get cleared. Maybe I'll get those done, but it's not too critical.

The top picture is this afternoon, and the one just below it is the end of August. Of course, August was more colorful, but I think this looks quite good for one year of reclaimation.



rock garden

Here's the view from out in the yard. I can't wait for this to look really colorful and full.



I worked on the trailer this afternoon too. Prepping the ceiling kills my back, but I got a fair amount done. All of the kitchen area and a bit less than a quarter of the table/bed area is ready for the final layer. I ordered more of the Helmistik glue and a new light fixture. They will both probably be here Friday. Today was probably the last nice weather day for a while anyway.

This was the sunrise. The color was very strange. Not only was the eastern sky orange, but the light everywhere was orange. The camera saw this as pink, but I changed it to be more what my eyes saw.



I also did a load of laundry when I realized the rain was over, and it was turning out to be a really nice day. Edited too.

See Rock Garden Report 7

3 comments:

Ann said...

The rock garden is looking good.

Lin said...

The garden looks great! I imagine it will be just lovely after a winter of settling in. Colors are orange here too and the cast is pink-like in my photos as well. Gosh, I love this time of year!

Sharkbytes said...

Ann and Lin- thanks for enjoying my rock garden!