Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, October 12, 2023

More Hiking Patches


One of these patches overlaps with the 2022 collection linked below, but it belongs in this set, so I've included it.

I did not even know that three of these existed! Here they are from left to right: Patch for hiking all the NCT in New York State. Not many people have this yet because of the issues of hiking through the Adirondacks. Mostly that's because of following the route.

Finger Lakes Trail Hike 50 patch. I applied for this one after doing 50 miles this year. Fortunately, the miles can be on a branch trail as well as the main trail. Marie and I did 57 miles of the Conservation Trail in September. I've gotten this patch for 4 years straight. That makes me pretty happy because I have to work at it to get to NY to hike that many miles there.

Pennsylvania Hike 50 patch. I did not know this existed either, but when I found out, I applied for it.

Then we skip to Michigan where the Chief Noonday Chapter gave me their patch. I'm not sure this is for hiking all their miles or not. However I did get the patch for doing that in 2021, when I went through on the big hike.

Next is the Jordan Valley 45o Chapter patch, and that specifically says that I've hiked all their 80 miles of trail.

On the right side is the Dakota Challenge Finisher patch which is for hiking all the miles in North Dakota. I may have showed you that one before.

Finishing this collection is the 2023 Hike 100 Challenge patch. Can't wait for the 2024 one!
hiking patches


And for my final "trick" here are a couple of fun pictures. This is Irene and me in our patch jackets in maybe 2002.
people in patch jackets


So, when I saw that Randall had also filled a jacket, the pose had to be recreated, right? This is last month in the Adirondacks.
people in patch jackets


There is one more VERY cool set that I have completed the requirements for, but haven't turned it in yet. You can be sure I'll show you when I receive them.

I edited. I took advantage of a nice weather day and did laundry and worked in the gardens. I actually got the hoses put away this year on a day when it was warm enough that they weren't stiff and impossible to coil. A few more decent October days would be great. If I can get the rock garden weeded one more time, I'll share. It's looking pretty good.

See Hiking Patches 2022

4 comments:

doug said...

Apply for the NCT ANF one for doing all 100 miles of it.

Ann said...

Love the shots of the patch jackets.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "Wow! Those jackets are more patch than jacket!"

Sharkbytes said...

Doug- it's on my right sleeve- first hiking patch I ever got.

Ann- they always make me smile

Lulu- they are, and heavy too.