Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, October 26, 2023

The DVD Collection


This post is for those of you who think I work on stuff all the time. Today was very unproductive. I did manage my editing quota this morning, but the truth is that I did not get to sleep until 6 am, and after I woke up at 10 am, I felt like crap for the rest of the day.

I decided to watch a movie, and went to choose one from our collection. Since cleaning up after the January flood, there was no organization to it AT ALL. I decided that was something I had enough motivation and brain power to do. The good news is that I separated them all by category. The bad news is that since we gave away 7 banana boxes full of VHS tapes, we no longer have a lot of movies that I wish we did.

We both really like good movies. Sometimes we even like mediocre movies- depends on the topic.

This was somewhat enlightening, although, remember that we used to have maybe 200 additional films or TV shows on tape. The two largest piles are sci-fi and historical fiction. Classic fantasy was a close third. That pile isn't in the picture. It was already stashed on the shelf. Also, complete sets of the 3 TV series: Perry Mason, Person of Interest, and The Fugitive are not in the stacks. (These are favorites of mine.)

I would have thought thrillers/action dramas would be a bigger pile. Then too, sometimes what we own depends a lot on what's in the discount bins. Anyway, here are the category piles
stacks of DVDs


I organized them, got them back in the shelves.
organized DVDs


Then I selected Minority Report and settled in to watch it. Of course, now I'm feeling better, but hopefully I can get to sleep at a more normal time tonight.

See Putter, Putter, Scrape

3 comments:

Ann said...

Good job on the organizing. I don't have many DVDs and the ones I have are mostly Christmas movies. I had to toss all the VHS tapes I had because they were store in the crawl space and it was too damp in there for them.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "Ooh, our Dada only has a handful of DVDs and they're kind of disorganized in his closet. He has a few 3D Blu-Rays though and those are nicely arranged in a cabinet, even though he never watches them ..."

Sharkbytes said...

Yeah, the technology for media changes way to quickly these days. Of course, 100 years ago, "popular media" was just getting started!