Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, October 6, 2019

Seafoam Green

 
OK, technically it's lakefoam. But whoever heard of a color called lakefoam green?

After my speaking engagement today (which I think went well, but I suppose you should ask someone who had to listen), I had to drive through the beach. Lake Michigan is always full of surprises. You never quite know what it will look like on any given day. As I was approaching on Ludington Avenue, the lake is visible at the end of the street. I perked up when I saw how green it looked.

Lake Michigan with green waves

A long shot with the breakwall in the center of the picture makes it look like two different bodies of water, or perhaps snow in the foreground and water beyond. It's not quite that cold here yet. Actually it was sunny and nice today, but windy at the beach. Right at the horizon you can see a line of deep blue water.

Lake Michigan with green waves

Not too many seagulls hanging around today, but there are always a few.

Lake Michigan with green waves and a seagull

And a picture of the lighthouse is almost a requirement. The wind was stirring up a lot of sand and pushing it toward shore.

Lake Michigan with green waves and Ludington Lighthouse

A good weekend. I seem to have my energy back. Lots to do tomorrow!

See Blue, Blue, White, Brown
if you like this blog, click

Like This!


2 comments:

Ann Thompson said...

Love that second picture

The Furry Gnome said...

You can watch waves rolling in for hours!