Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, October 24, 2019

Little Green Visitor

 
I am truly sorry I didn't get any pictures of this that are in focus. The whole insect is about 1/2 inch long. It's a lacewing, considered a beneficial insect because the larvae eat all kinds of aphids, mites, and other insect eggs. There may be up to 3000 species in the Chrysopidae family. I wouldn't begin to guess which one this is. The thing I'm really sorry you can't is is why they get their name of lacewing. The wings have network of veins that is very pretty.

green lacewing

In other news: I'm pretty much down with a nasty cold. Wrote a tiny bit in the morning and managed to format one chapter in the afternoon. Watched a movie and drank tea. Hopefully, my nose will stop running tomorrow.

See Awesome Crane Fly
if you like this blog, click

Like This!


1 comment:

Ann said...

That's an interesting looking insect. I don't believe I've ever seen one like it.
Hope your feeling better soon. Something must be going around. I woke up this morning feeling very stuffy and I'm dragging.