Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, August 20, 2023

Good Times in Paradise


I am safely home, but I'm headed for bed as soon as I finish this post.

First of all, I did really well with sales. Even though it's a long drive up there, I'll probably do this event again.

It's not JUST a vendor event. There is live music or a show going on nearly all the time. There is food to buy. Some is vendor trucks, but they do a blueberry pancake brunch for hours with huge lines. There is blueberry buckle, blueberry cake, blueberry muffins, and volunteers make 600 blueberry pies to sell each year. Now, keep in mind, this is the Wild Blueberry Festival. Someone has to pick all those wild blueberries. Yeah, there are lots of them in the UP, but still. Wild blueberries are very small.

Here is a comedy juggler act. I didn't catch the pins in the middle, but they were throwing them back and forth.
jugglers


There was a concert this afternoon by a really good gospel/folk group. I didn't catch their name.
folk singers


Yesterday, there was a wandering troubador. I'm not sure if this was totally spontaneous, but maybe. The kid knew the chorus to American Pie, so the man sang the verses and the boy did the chorus. He was pretty good.
singer


I ran into several people I know. That may seem weird, but the trail goes very near Paradise and a lot of people come to this festival.

With my usual talent of paying more attention to the animals than the people, I did not take a picture of me with Jean, even though we shared a campsite. But for this event, she brought Kay-Kay's friend, Laya. In another year, Laya may have her own book too. Here is Laya.
polish chcken


I woke up at 3 am, so I'm thoroughly tired by now, but it's all good. However, I'm too whipped to be more chatty.

See Ludington in Paradise

4 comments:

Ann said...

What an awesome event. Glad to hear you did well.
Laya has quite the hair-do.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "That looks like a lot of fun!"
Java Bean: "Ayyy, yes it does! Especially if they would let me jump and catch those pins out of mid-air!"

Lin said...

Oooh! I'm diggin' Layla's snappy doo that she is sporting!

Sharkbytes said...

Ann and Lin- she is a Polish Chicken- known for their topknots.

Java- that would have been quite an addition to the act.