Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, August 21, 2023

Miscellaneous


I'll start with my drive to get to a cleaning job this morning. I took Conrad Road where it goes through the tunnel of trees. Link below will lead to other seasons. It's just a favorite local place.
tunnel of trees


Now we'll back up to some more from the weekend. Jean and I stayed at Tahquamenon Falls State Park. It was everything you would expect at a popular park in the summer. Full, busy, semi-noisy, and almost more wood smoke than was pleasant. But it had a bathroom and didn't cost what a motel or cabin would have. Basically we just used it to crash.
state park campsite


I have a lot of leftover hiking food yet. I ate backpacking meals for most of the weekend. I did allow myself to buy a hot dog and an ear of roasted corn, and a blueberry muffin, but that's it. OK, I had a slice of pizza in the car on the way home but I needed something I could eat in the car. I need to keep making a dent in the leftover trail food! This is one dinner. Cous-cous salad and some mixed fruit. I know this doesn't look like much, but that's the point. A small amount rehydrates and is very filling.
cous cous in a baggie


Here's one of the friends I ran into. This is Les. I don't think I've seen him for maybe 15 years! We both belong to the same organization from Ann Arbor days. We had a nice visit. And you can see what a great trail advertisement the new shirt is.
friends


Today I had the cleaning job, answered a lot of correspondence, and tried to chill a bit. I'm really grateful for the cleaning jobs. They require no thought or decisions. I just show up, do the work, receive money, and leave! I can use some of that in my life.
See Conrad Road Tunnel of Trees

3 comments:

Ann said...

Like that first picture. I love roads like that.

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- me too!

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "Our Dada says that looks like a great place to ride a mountain bike! Although his mountain bike mostly just sits in the garage these days ..."