Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, August 2, 2023

I've Got Bernie, and Loretta


I picked up Bernie (Sea Otter) from the North Country Trail today. He's going to spend a day here as he has something he needs to take care of. You know the drill: shower, food, laundry, resupply, re-organization. I love helping people- so many of you helped me. In this house of small people, we actually found some clothes he could wear while his are being washed! Fortunately, he's thin, just much taller than we are!
hiker


And, Loretta came last night after I blogged. She went with me to get Bernie. I had a hiker meal all set to go pretty much as soon as we got back here. I just had to stir fry the veggies. Baked macaroni and cheese, stir fried summer veggies, sausages, and...
eating at a picnic table


... brownies. I haven't needed to cook this much food since Thanksgiving 2021! But I'll probably live.
brownies


In other news, I picked up a little cleaning job, so I did that this morning too. Very full day!

Fortunately, Loretta will be here long enough that I'll be able to focus on her. Just not today.

See I've Got Annie
See I've Got Denali

2 comments:

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "Mmm, brownies!"

Sharkbytes said...

Lulu- You betcha! a longtime favorite recipe