Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Best Photos of March 2022


Here are the best of the pictures I took from March 2022. I need to step up the speed of going through pictures. I have a program coming up quickly.

From March 2022, I've chosen what I think are the 10 best pictures to share, but there is a reason I don't like March. There's not much color. I always call it the gray and brown month.

I am saying these pictures are "best," not because they necessarily tell the story best, but because I think they are simply the best actual photographs. I've left them full size, so you can click on them and see them larger. That always makes photos look better. Every single one is tweaked a bit to reduce the blah, flat look of low light sky.

These are again, all in Ohio, but they get me almost to the Pennsylvania border.

This one is some of the pointed Ohio hills that eroded from a plateau, with farms.
hills and farms


My one artsy-fartsy shot for March that looks like anything.
cut end of tree and branches


Once in a while, there is a good photo that also tells the story of the hike.
hiker in brown woods


Piedmont Lake on an almost sunny day. This isn't a spectacular photo, but as I said, nice lighting was hard to come by in March.
Piedmont Lake


There weren't very many days with a lot of snow, but this was one of them.
snowy road


Another hiker in the brown woods picture, but the valley in the middle helps.
hiker in brown woods


And another snowy road. Can you tell I'm rather unimpressed with the March offerings?
snowy road with black fence


More farms on hills. I actually love scenes like this, but as far as photos go, I didn't manage to take many nice ones.
farm on a hill


Little Beaver Creek in the State Park of the same name.
Little Beaver Creek


Probably the best picture of the month has nothing to do with hiking. Bill took Sue and me out to eat at the Spread Eagle Tavern in Hanoverton, which is a hyper-historic canal town. It was a lovely place!
Spread Eagle tavern


I should be in hyper mode myself. I have tons to do. But I'm having trouble getting motivated.

See Best Pictures of February 2022

3 comments:

Ann said...

As much as I hate snow I do like the look of it in photos. That makes those my favorites here. I do like the look of that fireplace though.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Charlee: "Ooh, that is one big fireplace. Good for lying in front of and soaking up the heat, I bet!"

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- yup, the snow is pretty

Charlee- it was very warm