Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Pretty Much Ready


How about the nice picture first? I made granola this morning. I haven't done this for quite a while because usually when we go hiking, Marie brings the granola. But I wanted to have some on hand this week, and also, I couldn't find any at the store that really appealed to me. And, they were out of grape-nuts. Anyway, this is yummy. These pictures are just out of the oven. I added fruit after it cooled.
trays of granola


You already know how I spent the rest of the day. But, ta-da! The toilet is fixed. Only a total of four trips to the store (about average for plumbing jobs). Actually, there is going to be one more because I didn't realize the lever bar on the handle is all corroded. But that's not a crisis. I don't need to make another special trip for that. Only one episode of leaking because I didn't have things tight enough.
inside of a toilet tank


The bathroom is clean. The towels and rags are on the line. I vacuumed the traffic areas. I'm beat. It doesn't seem like I should be so tired for just that, but it is what it is.

Loretta should be here soon. I'm off to retrieve the towels.

See Ain't It Fun?

3 comments:

Ann said...

Congratulations on completing the job.

Lin said...

Hooray!

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "Ooh, our Dada likes Grape-Nuts! He has a big box of it in the breakfast cabinet right now! Everyone else thinks he's crazy ..."