Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Liquid Air


Cathy and I took an evening walk. We went out to Buttersville on the south side of the Ludington Channel and walked out to the marker light. From there, you can look across the channel to the Ludington Lighthouse. You might note that it's just a bit hazy. Like seriously hazy. Like liquid air hazy.
Ludington lighthouse


On the way, we passed the Pere Marquette Shrine. I hadn't really been there since the base was rebuilt. It looks good. This is supposedly the place where Marquette died, although there are several places which claim that fact.
pere marquette shrine


The carferries, both the Badger and the Spartan are at their docks. Remember, the Badger had to end its season early. The Spartan just sits there anyway.
Ludington carferries


Coming back on the pier the light was hitting the rip-rap. Just rocks, right? But photos are always about the lighting.
rocks in red light


The haze made for interesting lighting as the sun got lower.
golden sunset


The day was oppresive with heat and humidity. I managed to do a few things this morning, and then just petered out. How did I ever walk in this stuff last summer? It was about all I could do to breathe today. Tomorrow I need to be functional, that's for sure.

See 2011 Trip to the South Channel

3 comments:

Ann said...

I do not like days like that with the humidity. I don't think I would have been able to walk with it like that.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "To the lighthouse!!!"

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- I couldn't have until evening. It was cooler then

Lulu- You would have to swim from where we were!