Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, May 15, 2017

Practically Perfect in Every Way

 
Today was a Mary Poppins Perfect kind of day and it takes priority over more Ohio flower pictures.

First of all, it was one of those days where the weather is just exactly the kind I like best. The air was cool and the sun warm. I awoke (not to an alarm clock!) to the scents of flowers coming through the windows. And birds singing.

apple blossoms

Apple trees are in bloom. The sky was blue all day. (Now it has turned gray and a gentle rain has begun, but that is perfect too. The birds are fluttering around in it!)

apple blossoms

The lawnmower started right up- first time this year. After last year, when it was the primary project of the spring-summer-fall, that is enough for a Quality Day right there.

I mailed a book order (hooray for book sales!) and got gas, came home and mowed half the yard. And the grass wasn't even a foot high before I did this first mowing!

mowed lawn

My laundry dried on the line nicely, all soft and outdoor-smelling. I know I show pictures of this way more than you probably care about, but I LOVE clothes dried outside.

clothes on line

I even spent a little time sorting boxes. I gave away three boxes of fabric, consolidated two other boxes. I broke down three empty boxes and put out a bag of trash. The one downside of that is you can't even tell I did anything. But I have to keep working on that mess even if only in short bursts. So, I get a pat on the head for that effort.

My energy level was high today (an awesome gift on a day off), and I didn't waste it. Crocheted a little more on some small projects.

OK, this post is all me, me, me, but as I said, it was one of those rare days when almost everything is perfect, so I'm going to celebrate it!

See Words are Better than Pictures
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


2 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

So nice when you have a good day!

Ann Thompson said...

It doesnt get much better than that.