Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, October 29, 2017

Arts Barn Impressions

 
I spent the afternoon getting in some hours at the Shagway Arts Barn. Each artist is supposed to volunteer a certain amount of time. It was a very quiet afternoon. I made one sale.

Part of that was because it was pretty cold, and I don't think a lot of people were out and about. It was also the last day the Barn was open for this season.

I spent most of the time writing or jogging around the building to try to keep warm.

Apparently just being around so much art makes me feel artsy. Here are some impressions taken today.

barn detail

leaf print

autumn maple tree

barn detail

barn detail

cut stump

barn detail

Over the summer, I sold 11 books and seven craft items there. I just don't seem to be able to make things that people want to buy. I need to remember to focus on writing! Speaking of...

Accountability Report:
I wrote two chapters in Dead Mule Swamp Druggist today! I would like to tell you I'm two chapters closer to the finish. However, I had thought that what I wrote today would fill only one chapter, so I'm really no closer to the end. I'm putting off that total commitment one more day. We'll see how productive I can be tomorrow. Unfortunately, I can't write all day. I have some other things to do, too.

See Smilin' In the Rain
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


4 comments:

Ann said...

I'm loving your artsy pictures. It's hard to figure out what people will buy. Something I think will sell like crazy doesn't get noticed. From year to year it's always different too. I've had things that went through 3 shows and never sold then on the 4th they went like crazy

Nancy Miller, Owner, Shagway Arts Barn said...

Very cool pics! I may have to steal them for the website! I'd, of course, give you credit! Love them! Thanks so much for being part of the Arts Barn experience! Can't wait to finally get a chance to read your books, at some point! Have a wonderful winter!

The Furry Gnome said...

Neat images. I like the ladder pic.

Lin said...

Cool pics!

I am thinking that the book sales is really good for that venue! Crafts are hard--you never know what people are looking for. But 11 books??! Wow! Now, that is success!