Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, June 30, 2018

Carolina Saddlebags

 
I had a chance to walk through a small privately owned nature preserve this week. More pictures another day! And it's public, so I'll be going back.

Today, I'm just going to share one thing, a new-to-me dragonfly. That's not saying much. I'm no expert. But you know I love new things.

This is the Carolina Saddlebags dragonfly, male.

carolina saddlebags dragonfly

There is also a Red Saddlebags, but its red patch does not go all the way to the bottom of the hind wing like this one does.

carolina saddlebags dragonfly

I'm really pleased to get these pictures.

In other news: boiled and strained mulberries in preparation for making something, worked at Shagway, wrote some (but it's not very good- too hot for functional brain), and melted even more in the heat.

See Saddlebag Dragonflies
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


4 comments:

Rick (Ratty) said...

I have to say, these pictures are really cool. I really like that first one a lot.

And anything with mulberries has to be good.

Ann Thompson said...

Awesome pictures. Dragonflies are fascinating. I did some melting here yesterday too. Already this morning it's feeling really warm so I guess it's round 2

Sharkbytes said...

Ratty- I just try to get them in focus before they fly away!

Ann- yup- we did round 2 here. Maybe better tomorrow.

vanilla said...

Are you sure that the second one is not some sort of specialty helicopter?