Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Day Off - Day 42

  Tomorrow was going to be a day off, but it's going to be warm then, and today was really cold. Single digits this morning. So, I decided to take my rest today. Good plan!

Here are my hosts for the past few days, the Anslingers. I haven't seen them in quite a few years, and this was the first I'd met the girls, so it's been great fun. family photo

Sunny had a nice cozy place to rest too. Despite several very cold nights my little heater has kept the trailer warm. Can't ask for a nicer place to call home for a year. travel trailer

We've had eggs for breakfast twice. They taste as good as they are beautiful. colored eggs

The eggs were provided by these ladies! Brent tells me that the white chicken is an Ameraucana, and she is the one who lays the blue eggs. chickens

I wrote two news articles, and then I actually rested on my rest day. What a treat! Laundry is done, and I think I'm ready to hit the trail again in the morning. Dealing with the logistics of places to stay and how to meet up with all the people who are helping and wanting to hike with me is the most difficult part of this hike so far. It's proving to be an emotional challenge for me to get all these arrangements put in place. My natural inclination is to ignore people, but I've set this hike up in ways that need people, so that's my biggest struggle. No complaints, just sharing.

See Little Miami Railroad

3 comments:

Ann said...

Good plan to take the colder of the days off.

Barbara said...

Joan just came across an article describing your amazing adventure!
I’m in Northeastern MN by the Superior Hiking Trail. It would be a pleasure to help or hike with you when you get here. Please reach out if you need anything!

Wishing you a healthy and happy hike!

Unknown said...

As a happily introverted person, I appreciate and resonate with your comment about the challenges of 'peopling'. Glad you were off on such a cold day and got some 'housekeeping' done. April