Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, September 24, 2024

In the Rain but On the Trail

 I had a chance to walk a section of trail today. What's a little rain, right?

I like how this piece has a long climb up a valley. It's all graded very gently until you get to the very top where it's a little steeper.
trail in a valley


This is Crowned Clavaria, or whatever they're calling it these days. A nice patch.
crowned clavaria fungus


The leaves weren't turning very much yet. The sassafras is getting yellow, which is what 98% of it does. But every once in a while, one will go to red.
autumn sassafras


This maple leaf is getting with the September program, but it didn't have many buddies yet.


Today was non-stop. I had to meet someone at the trail at 10 am, and after we hiked I just had time to clean up before bell choir. Then I had to make a stop in town, get gas and a couple of grocery items. Managed to soak two outfits and two pairs of shoes in one day. I didn't sleep much last night. I don't think I'll be upright much longer.

Miles hiked in 2024: 458. NCT miles in 2024: 137.5

North Country Trail from Sawdust Hole to Upper River Road TH, Manistee Co, MI

See To Blacksmith Bayou and Beyond/A>

No comments: