Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Just a Bunny


cottontail rabbit in the lawn

There's nothing very special about this post except that the pictures came out pretty nice. Sometimes I can make the new camera do what I want it to. Rabbits around here, the Eastern Cottontail Rabbit, are really everywhere. They eat gardens and multiply like... rabbits!

But, they sure are cute!

cottontail rabbit in the lawn

Oh, and the blue flowers at the foreground of the long shot? They are one of my favorite weeds. How about a post about them later this week? (Meanwhile, it's my week to do the paper route, and I'm actually blotto.)

See Memory of a Special Earth Day for baby bunnies

10 comments:

Rick (Ratty) said...

I love seeing rabbits. I think that's their favorite pose. I have plenty around here, but no opportunities to get pictures. The last picture I got was last summer.

Julia said...

They are cute and mostly harmless so I love seeing them. There have been a few jack rabbits around our place this year too.

Now I can't tell what is in the foreground but the background flower looks like Vicia of some kind.

Grace said...

Oh I love these photos. My toddler is crazy about rabbits but there aren't any roaming ones where I live.

Glynis Peters said...

The fresh grass looks wonderful,I only see a little in spring. The rabbits are cute.
Have fun!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

"They are cute, aren't they?" asks the child in me.

"So are fox," responds the gardner.

:)

rainfield61 said...

A cute bunny, should be very interesting to chase after them for some pictures.

Rebecca said...

We have a few in our yard every evening. Most of the time they will sprawl out on the lawn within a few feet of us. A few years back there was a nest of babies in my strawberry patch. In that very same patch within two feet of baby bunnies was a rat snake with a large hump in it's midsection. My son and I caught it and took it down the road.

betchai said...

oh, so cute picture of the bunny, love those eyes. and the grass looks so lovely.

Sharkbytes said...

Hi Ratty- Yes, he was "frozen" there pretending that he was invisible!

Julia- Oh that one behind the bunny is a purple cow vetch. Hateful stuff. I have the pics for the other blue flower. Maybe tomorrow.

Grace- I'm a complete sucker for rabbits. They somehow stimulate my cute meter.

Hi Glynis- It is VERY green, and growing, and I should mow it. But the bunny looks better au naturel, eh?

Walk and Rebecca- Yes, I like the fox and the snake too. The bunnies need to sometimes BE the dinner. Sad, but true for now.

Hi rainfield- The chasing consisted of sneaking s-l-o-w-l-y out the kitchen door so that it wouldn't be alarmed enough to run away!

Betchai- Yes, that big eye just grabs the attention, doesn't it! Amazing little creatures.

Thanks for so many comments, my friends!

Guidance said...

Do you ever shoot the rabbit, what the fun..?