Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Kitchenhenge - Installment 2


Here is the summer solstice (missed by a couple of days) picture from my top outside kitchen step. You may recall that I'm trying to document the movement of the sun through the year from a familiar vantage point.

June 23, 2009, Summer Solstice
sunrise June 23 2009

March 23, 2009, Spring Equinox
sunrise spring 2009 equinox

September 21, 2008, Autumn Equinox
sunrise autumn 2008 equinox

Remember that the red line is only to help you identify the same tree from picture to picture to make it easier to see how much the sunrise spot has moved.

See Kitchenhenge - Installment 1

7 comments:

Julia said...

I totally do this with sunrise at our house except use the hills to the east for my markers. It still amazes me!

Glynis Peters said...

I use a tree too! DH laughs and wonders what I will do if they ever cut the tree down.
Lovely pics.

Sharkbytes said...

Julia and Glynis! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who likes to watch this. Thanks for your comments.

Rick (Ratty) said...

These are a very interesting combination. It's interesting to see not only the position of the sun, but also the differences of the treeline.

Sharkbytes said...

Ratty- I had to look twice myself to get the trees IDed! It's really easier when the leaves are off.

A Lil Enchanted said...

What beautiful photos.... and what a great idea!

~A Lil Enchanted~

Sharkbytes said...

Hi Lil- I love watching various aspects of the season changes.