Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, June 1, 2017

Mystery Object

 
This was also encountered in Ohio, and I don't know what it is! (See end of post for ID)

mystery object

My best guess is the inside of some sort of gall, but not like any I've seen. That said, there is something tickling the back of my brain that says I should recognize this.

It was about two inches across. The fibers felt just like they look like they would, dry and stringy.

mystery object

Then again, it almost looks like a seed pod. But not one I know (wrong).

mystery object

I asked for help from botany friends, and quickly got the answer. Now I feel really dumb because I knew I should have recognized it. It's a sycamore fruit that has fallen to the ground and started to break up and spread the seeds. This just goes to show how easily we are tricked when things are taken out of context.

See Oak Apple Gall
See Sycamore Tree
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!

1 comment:

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello sharkbytes its dennis the vizsla dog hay hmm ar yoo shoor that is not sum kind of alien spore??? becuz it luks like an alien spore to me!!! watch the skies!!! ok bye