Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, May 16, 2022

Day Off - Day 167

  I did manage to get some relaxing time in today, and I wrote a news article. But the primary focus of the day was planning my Adirondack section. Mary Coffin, who knows the route really well, helped me piece together all the roads and trails on the maps. The online interactive map is pretty accurate, but not entirely. And I needed to integrate the NCT map with the Nat Geo Adirondack maps which have better labels and trail lines. person with maps

I also want to say a thank you to my previous host, Nancy. friends

It did storm in the afternoon. Tomorrow is going to be cooler, for which I am grateful.

The Adirondack planning has me discouraged. After my first cut at the mileages for each day, it looks like it's going to take me longer than I thought to hike through. I'm hesitant to plan 15-mile days with trails that I might have to work hard to find. And then I still have to do Vermont before I can head for North Dakota. The plan to finish in a year is really not looking good.

See Back to Canals

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't get discouraged, just take each day as it comes.