Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, May 6, 2022

Time Flies - Day 157

  Well, it had to happen eventually. Marie had to go home. There's not much to say. I'm trying to think of things that will make me happy when I don't have to share the trailer. I can hang my towel above the other bench. I can keep the table set up because I made the one bench long enough for me to sleep on. I can hang my wet clothes wherever I want. Hmmm. Not much on that list that competes with having my best friend with me. Sigh. But she stayed for five weeks, and survived a job that requires her to do two of her least favorite things- follow maps and fix meals. friends

We hiked the section I've been doing for the past 3 days exactly 20 years ago- at almost the exact same dates. However, I don't have a picture of us from that trip. I do have one from a longer hike later in the summer of 2002. That was eastern North Dakota. Notice the nice tans, except for our white foreheads because we were always wearing a bandana for a sweatband or a hat! friends

I saw some nice wildflowers today, but I'm saving some of those pictures for another day. I'll show you this- a microwave tower on a hill. radio tower

Do you think I'm going up there? Of course! The good news is- I feel as if I'm back to full strength, finally.
radio tower


And a little funny to cheer me up as I was driving home. But I couldn't resist taking a picture for my tractor and frog friends. frog driving a tractor

Tomorrow is a day off and a moving day.

Miles today: 15.3. Total miles so far: 2029.1

See 2000 and a Surprise

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Though a bit sad, have a good day off - I love the pics. It was great to spend time with you both. Happy Mother's Day to you both! - Elaine Hull

Ann said...

Sorry to hear Marie had to leave.
Love that garden tractor and it's driver.

Sharkbytes said...

Thanks, Elaine!

Ann- I HAD TO stop for it.