Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Lick Brook Falls & Elaine - Day 154

  The most beautiful part of today's hike was Lick Brook Falls. This is one of the very first pieces of the NCT I ever did- about 30 years ago! If you have read North Country Cache, it's the chapter "One Crystal Sunlit Moment." Lick Brook Falls

This little-known falls is, thankfully, now protected in a Nature Preserve. water flowing over rock

I ate my lunch there. And although I did meet a number of other hikers on the trail nearby, I had the falls all to myself for the time I sat there. I even love the little falls at the bottom. Used my filter and had a long cold drink of Lick Brook elixer water! Lick Brook Falls

In news of other creeks, I just liked these- this one has no name, but I just love the GREEN at long last. creek

And one more little waterfall on another unnamed creek with interesting angles. waterfall

At the end of the day, thanks to Marie's help with the logistics, I got to see Elaine. We had dinner together, but I was so tired that I forgot to take a picture of the two of us together. Anyway... here we are eating. Friends for more years than many of you have been alive. friends eating dinner

I was really tired tonight. Not sure why. Some steep climbs.

Miles today: 15.5. Total miles so far: 1983.

See Cayuta Creek

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I had a wonderful time - love the waterfalls :) & would recommend this trail as some of it I have done. Have a good sleep ;) - Elaine

Sarah said...

Really looking like Springtime out there! Look forward to seeing this section with my own eyes some day!
Sleep well. Sarah

The Oceanside Animals said...

Java Bean: "There sure are a lot of waterfalls in New York!"

Ann said...

That first picture is postcard perfect.

Sue Teeters said...

Lovely pictures of a most interesting day! Thanks, Joan. Happy hiking!!!

Sharkbytes said...

Elaine- thanks

Sarah- Nice

Java-B- you will need for Dada to bring you on a visit some day

Ann- it's a very picturesque spot!

Sue- you are welcome!