Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, May 7, 2022

Actual Resting Occurred - Day 158

  I only did two things today that don't count as resting. One of them was to move the trailer to a new location. (I don't publicly thank my hosts until I've moved on- they don't need people tracking me down at their locations.) So here are the two previous hosts. April Miller, a trail person, whom I just met on this adventure. We share a lot of interest in railroads as well. The Pittsurg, Shawmut & Northern ran through her property! lady by a car

And then I'm reminded of the Scout song: "Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and the other gold." I met the lady in front, Janet, through Scouts a lotta, lotta years ago. Marie, Janet and I were all on Senior Planning Board, and the three of us also went to the 1965 Roundup in Idaho. You may have seen her on my blog before. She decided she didn't want to be left out of this adventure, so we stayed there for week.

Her husband John is behind her, and David and Anja are in the picture too. friends

Now, I'm at the next place, and just so you know, both of these required me to back the trailer in. I'm getting seriously better at it! Here it is at Janet's house, backed right across the street in front of the garage. trailer

The other meaningful thing I did today was to meet Stephanie Campbell for brunch. She is the NCTA Regional Trail Director for New York and Vermont. I forgot to take a picture of us today, so you get one from last summer when I met her briefly. lady

Oh, OK. I did drive through the Spencer cemetery and say hello to my grandmother and all the other relatives. There are only a couple that I actually knew when they were alive. This is the house in Fisher Settlement that my grandmother grew up in. large house

Miles today- zero! Reading and game playing- significant. It feels really good to just chill for a while.

See Time Flies

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a wonderful day, Joan, connecting with old friends and new. What a beautiful old house!

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "It's good to take a break now and then—that's what Mama tells us anyway when she makes Java Bean and I stop to rest!"
Java Bean: "I could usually keep going but you know how it is when Mama tells you something ..."