Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, May 1, 2022

Assorted Goodies - Day 152

  There wasn't really a theme for the day, except hills. Just enjoy my random blessings.

A classic home- almost certainly built in the early 1800s- decorated with a purple azalea. purple azalea

This double tunnel was built under the Lehigh Valley Railroad. The road passes through one side and a creek fills the other one. Lehigh Valley tunnel

Shadbush (Juneberry, Serviceberry) is in full bloom. shadbush

Fortunately, this mute swan's pond was enclosed by a fence. This is an aggressive pose. He was not happy to have me walk past. It would be a really good picture, except for that dumb weed stalk! aggressive swan

This beautiful stone wall is a favorite place of mine. stone wall

I have to sneak this picture in- this was done with a little photo magic and shows Marie and me at this same spot when we hiked it in 2010. stone wall

This critter wasn't on the attack. I was surprised he held still long enough for a picture. chipmunk

I was really tired when I finished today, but I think it had more to do with the 2600+ feet of hill climbing I did today than with not being well yet!

Miles today: 14.9. Total miles so far: 1952.3

See 5, 15, 150, 1500

4 comments:

Sarah said...


Go Joan Go! Nice hiking today. The Swan was really feeling was vibrating with your energy! hahah!

Hope to hike with you North of the Thruway! Sarah.

Ann said...

A nice selection of photos today. Love the one with the swan.

Sharkbytes said...

Sarah- email me jhyshark@gmail.com

Ann- The assortment had something for everyone

Betty Brandt Passick said...

Loved all the photos, who said a picture is worth a thousand words?