Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, September 10, 2022

Fast Forward - Day 284

  I had 15.6 miles to connect to the west end of the Kekekabic Trail. All road walk. I put my legs in high gear and pressed the fast forward button. Started at 8 am, and finished at 1:40 pm.

This is Garden Lake. If I had decided to swim from where we are camped on White Iron Lake, I would end up swimming through this picture.
Garden Lake

This is a northern wetland with no name. It looks like there is a resident beaver (lodge lower right), but I wouldn't have been surprised to see a moose.
wetland

For the last 1.5 miles I was finally off pavement onto dirt. Showbank Lake Road. Love the northwoods look.
Snowbank Lake Road

And then, there I was at the Kekekabic Trailhead where Monica, Keira, and I started hiking a little over a month ago. Kekekabic Trailhead sign

From here, tomorrow we will fast forward by vehicle to the other angle of the Arrowhead. Don't worry about that missing Border Route piece. Plans for that are firming up. I'm ready for a break and I will get one. Tomorrow we travel, the next day we rest.

Miles today: 15.6. Total miles so far: 3390.0.

See Gray Sky, Gray Water

No comments: