Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, May 16, 2024

Fluffy Fleeceflower

 I've had this plant for about 30 years. It was a freebie. I've never liked it. But, this year, for the first time ever, it actually looks fairly nice with more than two scraggly stalks blooming at one time.


This is not in the rock garden, but in front where I have not weeded at all yet. I'll get there.

This morning I had a program that took until noon. Since then, I've been working really hard to get my 100 miles of campsites. I'm in the Adirondacks now, and of course, had to switch to a different set of maps and more work to get mileages, blah, blah. I have 80 miles done so far today. I'm feeling highly motivated to finish collecting this raw data and get to the editing. Only 162 miles to go! (So, I'm thinking maximum two more days- but I might spend a lot of time outside tomorrow.)

No gardening or other work happened. Well, OK, I stopped at the store for a few groceries.

See $10000 Plan, $20 Budget

3 comments:

Ann said...

Those flowers are really interesting.

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- yeah, maybe... I just don't like them. But at least they look good this year

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "Pipe-cleaner plants! They are pretty fluffy, although not as fluffy as Charlee and me."
Charlee: "Maybe as fluffy as Chaplin."