Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Mystical Christmas Woods

 
On my wanderings today I passed through a section of woods that I suspected harbored some mystical powers. My mystic sensors started beeping seriously when they detected a gnome emerging from its underground realms.

gnome

My suspicions were confirmed, and the scene came into stronger focus, when this Evil Elf rushed toward me from the forest edge. I was afraid he was threatening to either beat me with a candy cane, or to sing and dance Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer to the tune of Way Down Upon the Swanee River.

elf

Not to worry, though. The elf was soon called to task by Father Christmas himself. We can tell that FC wins because he is wearing the Red Gloves of Power, and he's not afraid to use them! Don't be alarmed at the expression of surprise on his face. He's never daunted by rogue elves. The cause of his surprise is that while he was busy disarming the elf he kinda forgot to pay attention to other possible threats and two holly-jolly Leeches of December latched on to his ankle and hip.

Father Christmas

And it's nice to see that a venerable myth is now dispelled. Instead of two hungry children crouching beneath the robes of the bringer of Christmas Present, there is actually a singing penguin with snowmen for a backup band. Don't ask, don't tell!

singing penguin

I wasn't fast enough to snap a pic of the Christmas Pig, but it's probably just as well. You might not have been able to stand the shock.

I'm telling you the truth- I live in a really special place in this world!

See A Tale of Nor-Dunes
if you like this blog, click the +1  

7 comments:

Secondary Roads said...

Perhaps Christmas will still be Christmas without the pig. Not only do you live in a special place, but it appears to be enchanted as well. And it certainly is enchanting at a minimum.

wenn said...

interesting..merry christmas!

Ann said...

a delightful story and the only other thing I'm going to say is I believe :)

john bain said...

I have always believed in the magic of Father Christmas.
Hope you have a lovely time this Christmas.

Sharkbytes said...

Chuck- The pig was oinkredible!

wenn- it's supposed to be funny... you got that, right?

Ann- who wouldn't believe with such credible evidence?

John- And to you too!

RNSANE said...

I always knew that your area was special...but I think there's something in the water.

Heather M. Gardner said...

Ha! I love it!
Heather