Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, October 28, 2013

Project Progress

 
I've recently given you a couple of teasers about projects I have started. I'll be nice and let you know how they are going (and pat myself on the back for not ignoring them).

But first, can you believe this for a project? I am two days past a blogoversary. I forgot to check the date until too late, but this is post 1823, 5 years and two days after beginning My Quality Day. Thanks to so many of you who have been traipsing along with me on my life's journeys.

Just a couple of days ago, I teased you with some pictures of colored shapes. Here's how that is going. I'm covering the icky, dirty paint behind the kitchen counters. Here are some of the squares just taped in place (and not trimmed to fit) to see how it looks. I'll tell more about how I'm doing it as it gets closer to completion. I did glue some of it in place tonight, and I'm pleased with the result.

splashboard

And that knitting project I started in Alabama? It's a sweater for Loretta. I've made good progress, but the weather is cooling. I'd better get cracking on that one, because I bet she will want it soon. She's hired for substitute teaching, and needs some things that look better than jeans and sweatshirts.

knitting a sweater

See Now What?
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!

4 comments:

Loritenor said...

I love the colors and can appreciate the pre-work you had to do! It is going to look awesome. Kinda like the other project a little more I guess and can't wait to get to wear it to school. You are soooo gifted and ambitious.

Ann said...

What a neat idea for the wall. I can't wait to hear more about that one.
I've never got the hang of knitting. I really like the color of that yarn you're using

Unknown said...

Great projects. Joan. That wall is going to bring sunshine to your kitchen all through winter. And I can see that Loretta will aooreciate her pretty sunshine coloured sweater.

Lin said...

Happy Blog-anniversary! I wonder how early on I came in to meet you? I can't remember.

LOVE your projects--you are making me feel lazy these days! You are so darn productive!