Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Smoke Gets in Your Image

 
Someone was burning the stumps from an orchard that had been pulled out in preparation for planting new trees. The smoke was blowing across the road and making the far fenceline hazy for almost a half mile. I just liked the way it looked. Nothing earth-shattering today.

autumn trees in haze

autumn trees in haze

if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


4 comments:

Rick (Ratty) said...

I like it too. It gives the pictures a dreamy look.

Ann said...

That does look nice. The tree line in that first one looks like a painting.

Secondary Roads said...

Great photos Shark. I love how the smoke yields an "other world" look.

Sharkbytes said...

Ratty- I does make me feel a little dreamy. The smell of the wood smoke always makes me yearn to be out.

Ann- it softens the effect and does make it like a painting

Chuck- almost mystical.