Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, May 12, 2014

Apple Orchard in the Rain

 
A long day of work, some of it in the rain. But I really like these apple trees beginning to show signs of leafing out, and the dandelions. I didn't adjust the color at all. It was like that- all fresh from the rain.

apple orchard

As I was taking this picture I heard a familiar sound, and managed to catch two sandhill cranes. Not a great picture, but I'm always pleased when I can catch them in flight.

sandhill cranes


See Where the North Begins and the Fine Fruit Grows
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


5 comments:

rainfield61 said...

It was a long day of work, but you managed to get from it.

Ann said...

the joys of working outside.

Secondary Roads said...

Isn't wonderful how every thing seems to "pop" after a rain? It's hard to miss the racket that flying cranes make.

vanilla said...

Such a pretty orchard picture. I really like an apple orchard at that stage. Of course, I like it even better in the fall. :-)

Anonymous said...

Kind of looks like NY.