Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Trail Lost

 
Went hiking one of my standby short trails today at Scottville Riverside Park. Hadn't been on the whole trail this year. Sad to say, it's in complete disrepair and covered with nettles, Japanese barberry and poison ivy. Had to do some serious clean up when I got home.

But that didn't stop me from finding some nice photo ops. Of course, the Pere Marquette River is always the main attraction.

Pere Marquette River

You know I like to do close-ups of the ripples.

Pere Marquette River

If you don't like your ripples in water, how about in wood?

grained wood log

I love how the afternoon sun lighted up some things and left others in shadow.

sun on leaves

I think this one might be my favorite. I can't decide if it looks like a caterpillar, or a volcanic slug dripping oily flames into the water. It's certainly not just ordinary moss.

moss on a log


See Quiet River
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


2 comments:

Secondary Roads said...

Nice pix. I like swirly water too.

Ann said...

ripples in water or wood work for me