Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, October 9, 2022

Glorious Autumn! - Day 313

  Back on the trail again! It feels really good, and despite how much I loved the Celebration, it was so nice to be out there hiking alone. The colors are at peak, and I may have a few more days to enjoy them before the leaves start coming down big time.
SHT logo in yellow woods

The big climb of the day was to Sawmill Dome, which you can see ahead of me in this picture.
Sawmill Dome


Once I got up there, the view (some vistas face the lake, others such as this one, face inland) did not disappoint. It was quite hard to choose just a few pictures to share. On the other hand the pictures just aren't as good as the real thing. The waterway is Sawmill Creek.
Sawmill Dome view

Then it was down again, through the "
Lime Squeezer."
passage through rocks

There are lots of views of Lake Superior. I like this one because of its simplicity, basically two colors- yellow-green and blue.
Lake Superior

Two more ups and downs for the day, but the views of Wolf Lake were wonderful. I really had a tough time picking the one to show you.
Wolf Lake

It was a 3-hour drive from Walker, mostly in the rain. But once I got on the trail, things were dry. It was cool but sunny. Nice hiking weather. After I hiked, I got groceries, sorted the car and trailer again, and now I'm trying to get my head around the final quarter of this hike, the approach of cold weather, getting enough helpers to cover the next months, and 1200 more miles- a significant number even though it's the final quarter.

Miles today: 7.0. Total miles so far: 3601.3 (A theoretical 3/4 of this hike!)

See It's a Wrap

3 comments:

Ellie said...

Beautiful pictures! Seeing Lake Superior on one side and fall colors on the other is so special! I hope the leaves last so that you can enjoy for a few more days of this spectacular fall color extravaganza.

Ann said...

WOW, it's beautiful with all the fall colors. The views are really something.

Sharkbytes said...

Ellie and Ann- They sure are!