Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, October 23, 2022

People of Note - Day 327

  Oh, OK, people and a snake. A cute little garter snake. It was so warm today the reptiles were out warming their bones. I nudged this one back into the grass in hopes it wouldn't get flattened.
garter snake

There are a lot of people to thank from this past week. Cindy shuttled me for three days, even though she had to drive quite a long way to do so. She did take advantage of that to complete her SHT hike to the Wisconsin border.
friends

I spent the week with the trailer at Lori's house. She wasn't even home, but she trusted me with the key and let me use whatever I needed from the house. I did get to meet her this morning before I moved the trailer.
friends

My shuttle for the past three days has been Dom. It's pretty amazing how people have stepped up to help me on my way during this time without a Live-in helper.
friends

However, the person encounter today that really blew me away is this one. Aaron, who is hiking the NCT this year, mentioned to me a lady named Zoe who is going east to west on the trail. That's really all I knew about her, except for one picture he had posted. So, Dom is driving me to where he would drop me off this morning. There was someone with a backpack walking the road- not a normal sight. Must be a crazy NCT hiker, right? Even stranger yet, we had just been talking about how many long-distance hikers were on the NCT this year.

It was Zoe! She's hiking a little longer, then taking the winter season off.
friends

All road miles today. Not too high value in scenery, but the tamarack trees are totally golden against the dark spruce. With a blue sky, I'll take those for October!
tamarack and spruce

I did move the trailer this morning, and hiked good miles on top of that. I'm trying not to share where I'm staying until after I move along to protect my hosts' privacy, but I will tell you that I had a horse-drawn carriage ride this evening. What fun! Big surprise coming tomorrow too!

Miles today: 15.4. Total miles so far: 3790.2.

See Manitou Falls

5 comments:

Ann said...

You have found wonderful and helpful people at every stop.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "That's a cute snake! The ones we have out here tend to be a little, uh, scarier ..."

Secondary Roads said...

prying that your health and endurance hold out.

Secondary Roads said...

Please. make that Praying that.

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- most definitely

Lulu- stay away from the scary ones, please!

Chuck- pray and pry. Nice to hear from you.