Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, February 13, 2023

Old Engine Club Grounds

  I was out and about today, so I decided to take a short walk at the West Michigan Old Engine Club grounds in Scottville, thinking the footing would be better on the gravel roads. Ha! It was oozy-slimy. But I went around the loop anyway.
old engine club barn


I like how they repurposed an old gas station sign.


The big attraction at the park to me is the Pere Marquette River. I've showed you this same view numerous times over the years, but I never get tired of it.
Pere Marquette River


Sometimes the trees against the sky are attractive, even without leaves.


In other news: I worked a little bit on all my current projects, went to the library and the bank, and did grocery shopping. I'm calling this a highly productive day.

See Summer Morning at the Park

4 comments:

Ann said...

I wouldn't ever get tired of looking at that view of the river eitehr.

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- This is the closest park to my house. Less than a mile and a half away.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "That is one big river! I don't think I've ever seen a river that big! Unless the ocean counts as a river, which I'm told it doesn't ..."

Sharkbytes said...

Lulu- this isn't a really big river, but right there the current is bad and there are signs posted to stay out of it- humans and doggos. I doubt the kitties would try it.