Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Working My Way East

  I left home at 7:45 am (on time, if you can believe it) with bags of recyclables for my companions.
car full of recycling


First stop, Ann Arbor, to see my buddy Bill! No, the trail doesn't go through Ann Arbor, but Bill had to put a blaze on the pole in front of his house anyway. One really weird thing is that Bill lives very close to where my good friends Phil and Nan lived (where I stayed for a couple of summers while working in Ann Arbor). I used to walk Maggie on Bill's street, when she was a puppy.
hiker by a blaze


We did all my errands and then Anne and Bill fed me dinner. Best part of it all is that I finally got to meet Anne.
happy couple


After that, I moved on to the next leg of my journey. I'll tell you about that tomorrow, but I'm safely tucked in for a few hours until we have to head for the train station.

Woo hoo! I see Marie in about 18 hours, depending on how late the train runs.

See Ice- Not So Nice Today

3 comments:

Lin said...

I love you hauling all of those recyclables. Have a great time, Shark!

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "Wow, your car was even fuller of recyclables than Dada's car was full of old monitors, laptops, keyboards, mice, battery backups, cordless phones, and hard drives, when he finally cleaned out the garage a few weeks ago!"

Sharkbytes said...

Lin- I work pretty hard at it.

Lulu- tell Dada we did a car load of those a few weeks ago. There is a place near home that will take those, but rags, styrofoam and a couple of other things I have to haul clear across the state.