Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, March 2, 2023

Onward to Philly

  We have made it to Philadelphia.
Philadelphia skyline


Today has been pretty much non-stop. Before we left town we had to get groceries. We also stopped to see Marie's friend (and mine too, except I don't live here), Selma. She is 94 and broke her leg last year. She's now in rehab and actually doing quite well. Marie does all kinds of things for her and checks on her lots. When I get to be 94 I want to either be as tough as Selma, or as Marie's Aunt Agnes (who did die a few years ago), who was amazing).
friends


Once we got to Philly, it has been non-stop people. I only got pictures of some of them. David and Rachel are our hosts. David is Marie's son, and he's my "extra" kid, too. We ate in two shifts, but eventually everyone was here and fed.
a couple


There are 5 other relatives here, but I didn't manage to get good pictures of them yet. But I got a picture of the important stuff: Marie with the good chocolate. This a traditional flower-show-weekend treat.
woman with box of chocolate


These weekends are non-stop crazy. Stay tuned. Tomorrow may be the calmest day yet, but 9 people in a small townhouse precludes true calm. Good thing we all like each other. I'm the only one not a relative, but they all say I'm family.

See Sunrise from the Train

3 comments:

Ann said...

enjoy the weekend

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "Time for cheesesteak!!!"

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- I am!

Lulu- I do like that, but we are trying not to eat out very much.