Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, February 4, 2013

Historic Ramsdell Inn

 
Ramona's retirement party was held in one of the most recognizable and historic buildings in the city of Manistee. Here's the outside in the dark and snow.

Ramsdell Inn

It was very cool that her party was on the upper light-colored level, and I got to see the inside of the turret on that public floor.

Ramsdell Inn

It has a table and seating, so I guess you might be able to reserve the turret and the small connecting room for some sort of private dining.

I think it's very elegant.

See Ramona Retires
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!

5 comments:

Secondary Roads said...

What a neat place. I like that architectural feature.

vanilla said...

They don't build them like that anymore!

Ann said...

what a grand old building. I love how the older ones look

Jackie said...

Oh my Joan this is an grand old elegant building. I love old buildings.

I wish, we as a country, had worked harder to preserve more of them!

Sharkbytes said...

Chuck- There is a door under that round post, below the tower, that leads to the pub.

Vanilla- No they don't

Ann- This block is always featured when they have their Victorian Christmas

Jackie- Manistee is trying really hard to keep their Victorian downtown