If you like my books, essays, etc. you might want to put your name on this private email list (no spam ever) for advance notices, coupons, and occasional freebies. Tell your friends too! Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Previous gifts include a short story, a poem and a half-off coupon for the newest book. Sign up, and don't miss out!"

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Noses In or Not?

 
I took these pictures last week, but I really like them, so wanted to share.

They are at the Pentwater Snug Harbor Marina. I can't decide whether I like the noses in the picture:

Pentwater marina

Or not:

Pentwater marina

What do you think?

See Cold But Lonely
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


9 comments:

Loretta said...

I like both...would go together well on a wall...

D.G. Hudson said...

I like the second photo, since you can see the shape of the boats better. But I think both are quite nice.

rainfield61 said...

I always like everything.

A camera has the power to make everything looks so beautiful.

vanilla said...

A tough call, but I think I'll go with noses. It may be the grasses in the foreground that tips the scale.

Secondary Roads said...

Some noses have a way of butting in.

Ann said...

Well they are both good but I prefer the noses

Lin said...

I can't decide--they both are cool in their own way. The noses show that they are dry-docked, but the other gives the impression of being on the water. Two-very different looks!

John Sealander said...

The composition with the bow of each boat facing toward the camera is better. I say, noses by a nose...

Sharkbytes said...

Loretta- I like one. Two might be too many lines for me

DG- They are quite different, given they are the same boats!

rainfield- I know! Blue plastic and no sails, and still interesting

vanilla- I don't like the grass- not sure why

Chuck- they are a few feet from butting into the street!

Ann- they look as if they are talking

Lin- I agree

John- I'm very glad you weighed in on this. These pictures seemed to me like something you might take. I think I like the second one best because of the strong right angle of the body to the masts. But then I like how the noses all focus in toward the center. But I don't like the grass. I suspect the village would have had something to say if I chopped it down!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin