Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Lousy Photo, Lovely Experience

 
One of my very favorite things to see from my office window is when the red fox trots across the back yard. I rarely can get to the deck with the camera fast enough, and doubt that I'll ever get a better picture than at Who is Sylvia?

Nevertheless, this morning I watched a lovely red Vulpes vulpes seem to float against the snow in the flat light of a cloudy morning. She (he?) was beyond the first row of apple trees by the time I made it outside.

red fox

About all you can see are the perky ears and the red fur. Maybe a hint of black stockings. This fox is colored much more normally than Sylvia was.

red fox

Remembering the encounter made me smile all day long whenever I thought of it. Do you have things that just make you smile all day that way?

See Gray Fox Seen in Mason County
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


6 comments:

Ann said...

That fox sure does stand out against the white snow. Cool sighting and even more so that it made you smile all day.

Lin said...

Oh! I see him! That is really cool! And yes, I love to see stuff like that--it makes my day too. :)

Secondary Roads said...

My first thought was, I'm not kidding, "How did Shark get that fox up in a tree?" Yes, it's going to be one of those days.

Jackie said...

Oh so so cool! Oh brother now I will be chasing foxes and bobcats.

Something is wrong with me I think! Awesome find and shot Joan!

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- Only the Arctic fox hides in the snow

Lin- do you get any foxes there?

Chuck- with no shadows anywhere, it looks that way

Jackie- chasing foxes and bobcats sounds good to me.

RNSANE said...

Thinking of friends makes me smile. that way - and remembering wonderful times and places I've been in this world