If you like my books, essays, etc. you might want to put your name on this private email list (no spam ever) for advance notices, coupons, and occasional freebies. Tell your friends too! Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Previous gifts include a short story, a poem and a half-off coupon for the newest book. Sign up, and don't miss out!"

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Step 7 and Some Perks

 
We've worked on Step 7 of the Freezer Project in little pieces all week, but it appears that the entire thing is DONE. The final part of Step 7 was putting the recycle tubs back in place, which I did this afternoon. Along the way there was a lot of cleaning (not everything... but everything that had been moved). That includes a good cleaning of the dehydrator. Much overdue, and it took a while.

Now for a couple of perks of the new freezer. Just as a reminder, here it is again.

freezer

It's currently fuller than in this picture because, this week, the refrigerator decided to develop a problem. Thankfully, it can be fixed, but while the part is being ordered all the small freezer stuff is also crammed in the new chest freezer.

Today, when I want to the pantry to get something from the new freezer, I realized two wonderful things about the new one.

#1- It has a light. I knew that, but hadn't thought about the fact that I won't have to turn on the room light to get something from the freezer. Nice.

#2- I never thought about this perk at all until... When I opened the lid I automatically leaned forward to rest the lid against the top of my head to hold it open. Wait! I don't have to do that any more. This lid stays open by itself. Nicer! That old lid was so heavy it could give you a headache. And the stick we kept handy to hold it open for longer searches in the depths had a nasty habit of popping out and dropping the lid on the searcher.

See Saying Goodbye to the Crosley Custom
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!

4 comments:

Glynis said...

Catching up on your posts. Loved the snow scenes, and pic of you both!

Ouch, so pleased your new freezer is not so cruel!

Ann said...

I had one of those freezers years ago that you had to hold the lid up with your head. Pain in the butt

Duxbury Ramblers said...

Joan I had to laugh at the thought of the freezer lid being held open by your head or a handy stick, thank goodness I swapped my old chest freezer for an upright - taller than me and does not seem to hold as much as the old one but we have grown used to it (thank goodness) :) it still needs a good sorting out though !!!

Lin said...

I would think that a light and a prop would be standard on such things. No?

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin