Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Luxury!

 
I am spending the night at one of the most luxurious resorts in Michigan's LP, Shanty Creek. I am giving a program at the Professional Surveyor's Conference in the morning. Actually, this may be the earliest I've ever given a program. I should be awake by 9:30, but it's not my best time of day!

I got here a little after 8 pm. Here's the entrance to the Lakeview Hotel.

Shanty Creek

I was met by the woman who booked the program. I'm sharing this nice room with her.

Shanty Creek

I pigged out on a Cinnamon Brown Sugar Pop Tart from the vending machine (there wasn't anything healthy, so I just picked one I really like), reviewed my program so I won't mess up (I hope), and now I'm just chillin'!

See Augusta Rose
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


6 comments:

Lin said...

Ooooh, looks nice, Sharkey! Are you like me? I would rather sleep in my tent than a hotel most times. I feel more germy in a hotel than in my own sleeping bag.

Hope all goes well tomorrow!

Secondary Roads said...

Hope your program goes well, as I know it will!

vanilla said...

Ooh, my kind of "camping out"!

I'd wish you well, but your presentation would be over by now. Bet you knocked it out of the park.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ann said...

Looks like a nice place. Enjoy the luxury and best of luck with your program

Sharkbytes said...

Thanks, Lin- you know me, though. I embrace the germs

Chuck- It did!

vanilla- some camping! Although it was drafty by the window.

Ann- It was a brief bit of luxury, but long enough for me!