Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Butchy Boy II Again


Long ago, I did a series of "Dogs of my Life." At that time, I wanted to share this picture, but I could not find it. I came across it this week. The reason it kept "disappearing" is that it was earlier than I realized. Butchy must have only been about two years old when this was taken. Link to more of Butchy Boy II's story below.

Of course, I got in trouble for holding the dog while wearing a white skirt. More to the point, why would anyone think that I should be allowed to wear a white skirt? I have no memory of the outfit. The more I think about it, the greater the mystery of what I was wearing. I started making almost all of my clothes in 5th grade, and I KNOW I made nothing like this. It must have been something Granny bought.

The picture was taken at Christmas 1959, so I was in 7th grade.
large dog on a girl's lap


The marbletop table in the picture is the one I have the Thanksgiving display on that I showed you a few days ago, and that is the same couch I still have, but two reupholstery jobs ago. The real surprise is that I remember one upholstery pattern prior to the stripes I'm sitting on! There was a matching chair, but it has bitten the dust.

In other news... I worked 2 hours on the pantry, but it only looks worse because I emptied more shelves to wash things. Need to get shelf paper before I'm putting them back. I worked for a client, went to the historical society to ask a question (no answer yet), and the words in Vacation from DMS are up to 14,211. I went to bell choir practice. It rained all day, so no walk at all happened. It feels like I don't have much to show for a whole day.

See Butchy Boy II

3 comments:

Ann said...

Butch looks like a sweet dog.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "That is a classic dog pose here! And if you ask me the white dress is good for showing off how much you love dogs."
Java Bean: "By way of dog hair?"
Lulu: "Yep! Wouldn't work for a Samoyed, though ... fortunately I am only about 6% Samoyed myself."

Sharkbytes said...

He loved kids. He needed much more exercise than even I could give him.

Lulu and Java- the dogs were always more important to me than the dresses. I might even have had the naughty thought to get that skirt stained so I wouldn't have to wear it again. Perhaps that's why I don't remember it!