Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, November 10, 2023

Rock Garden Reds


I probably should have saved the gazania picture for today. Those flowers just won't open all the way without real sun, so it doesn't look any different. But the blossoms are a shade of red.

But several of the plants in the rock garden take on nice hues for fall. Of course the best is the Bloody Cranebill. I have ripped out a ton of that, but it does look great in the fall. It's just that I want a variety of plants. But the leggy sedum in the top left has also gotten very red.
rock garden in the fall


I love the bronze Ajuga. It almost looks black. I'll probably move some of this out farther from the wall next year to see if it will tolerate more sun. I have lots.
bronze ajuga


And the Sedum Atlantis remains my favorite purchase of the year. The new sprouts come in very pink/red. It has spread quite a lot.
Sedum atlantis


I mostly edited. I did a little work around the house. And Vacation from DMS is up to 9544 words. I'm still not sure it's going to work. That's a bit disconcerting. I may have to have a few test readers. I mean, I like it... but not everyone is as nerdy as I am.

See Rock Garden Report 8

2 comments:

Ann said...

Your rock garden is putting on a splendid autumn show.

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- I'm pretty happy!