Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, November 6, 2023

One More Glorious Day


The day got off to a rocky start. Thunder, rain, wind. Some people had hail, but we did not.
rain on windows


That did not lead me to believe the day would end up like this! 60 degrees and sunny! Cathy and I went out to the State Park and did some of our usual trails. We like this section because it's really hilly and little used.
Ludington State Park trail


There are still a lot of leaves on the trees there, and the sun was great.
Ludington State Park trail


Then we circled around along Hamlin Lake to take in the view from Inspiration Point.
Hamlin Lake


We managed to see places we had not hiked before for the simple reason that there were so many leaves on the ground we could not see the trails. These trails are rather faint anyway. We managed to hike back to the south mostly staying between the two trails.
Ludington State Park trail


When we got back to Cathy's, she fed me some homemade bean soup. Yummy!
bean soup


Did I do things I was supposed to? Not in the afternoon. I did edit in the morning. I wrote 1101 words in Vacation from DMS since I posted last night.

See Water Makes Me Feel Cooler

3 comments:

Ann said...

Sounds like a perfect day.
I like that soup bowl.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "That looks like a great place to hike and sniff! And that is quite possibly the happiest mug I have ever seen ..."

Sharkbytes said...

Ann and Lulu- The bowl is the cutest! I was honored that Cathy let me use it.